Saturday, March 9, 2013

Decent...

So my first foray into meal planning was, over all, a success.  We had dinner on the table by 6 pm every night.  All of the meals I made tasted good.  Some will be put into rotation.  The Black Bean Taco Soup?  Was yummy...but tasted more like chili than taco soup. 

We haven't gotten through all of the meals but so far I'm pretty impressed with how easy it was for me.

As far as my first week at my new job, I think it went well.  I'm definitely more busy than I was at the hospital which is good.  I don't have time to dwell on the possibility of being laid off.  The people I'm working with are really nice so far so that's also good.  I think once I get the hang of a new field of work and all the lingo that go with one.  I'll be golden. 

Nothing else to report really.  We're still working on our downstairs bathroom and the kitchen.

I'm going to try my hand at meal planning again only putting a different spin on it.  I'm going to plan out our meals based on what's on sale this week and see if we can do it a little cheaper than last week.

I didn't think $200 was a budget friendly way of meal planning but maybe I'm just being unrealistic about the whole thing.  It came out to just over $18 a meal for a family of 4 but we only had leftovers half the time for lunch the following day.  I just want to see if I can get the cost down a little bit without giving up real home cooked dinners for my family.

The saga continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment