Friday, March 1, 2013

Dear Universe,

Holy crap has it been awhile.  I really have no excuse other than, as usual, I have so much to say but it's all over.  I'm positive I've developed ADD or something similar.  I can't seem to focus on life much.  I'm really hoping that's going to change soon. 

We have been doing so much work on the house lately because we wanted to try and put it up for sale but we found out today that's not happening.  We can't even get a third of what we need to break out of here and get a leg up so we're going to stick it out for a few more years.  Big A still has a couple years of high school left so that gives us a bit more time.  On the plus side, my house is freaking spotless right this second and it gives me the time to finish out the basement like I wanted AND get my super sized bedroom back.  And...I don't have any dishes or laundry to do...for five minutes anyway. 

I have Middle A on my mind constantly.  I'm pretty sure he's the reason I can't seem to keep focus on anything else.  At least I seem to be getting to talk to him more.  I'm sure that's his dad's way of gloating over the court ruling.  Either way, I don't care as long as I can talk to him.

Today was a big day for Little A but I'm sure she'll never remember.  We went to Lowes to pick up the remaining tile for the kitchen, then out to a quick dinner since I had been up for about 38 hours straight and was NOT cooking, then we made a pit stop in Kohl's.  Little A needed her first bras.  Oh Lordy.  I am pretty sure I'm not ready for the baby to be getting all grown up.  Changes in girls are scary and gross.  She's already an attitude terror, I'm not medicated enough to deal with puberty right now. 

Again.

In other news, I start my new job on Monday.  I'm still not exactly sure how I'm feeling about it.  I know I'm excited because I get to work real people hours and I'm positive I won't miss my three day work weeks terribly until summer sets in and I just want to go to the lake.  I'm going to miss the people I've come to know and love over the last six years at the hospital.  I really hope we're able to stay in touch.  It's hard when you are on what feels like an alternate universe that's laid over the top of the real one but flipped backwards.  You get used to doing grocery shopping at midnight and paying bills at 4 am.  Life is easier that way.  It's harder when you try to have friends outside of that universe, no one understands why you get pissed when the UPS man drops packages off at 11am and rings the bell or why you come unhinged when your husband comes home for lunch at 1 pm and just slams things around in the kitchen thinking he's being oh so quiet. 

I already feel as if this year is flying by at warp speed. 

It's March 1st already.  Where the hell did February go?  Wasn't it just New Years?

I am trying my best to keep a positive outlook on things.  I am going to make an effort to keep up on here.  It's therapeutic to try to force myself to focus long enough to get some jumbled thoughts out.  I'm holding tight to my resolution to not have any resolutions this year and it's going to be the year of whatever will be, will be.  I think I'm doing pretty good just rolling with it.

 Today I'm going to enjoy my last day to myself off.  I'm not sure how but I'm sure it involves a mixed drink (maybe a couple) possibly a book and definitely a trip to the goodwill to see if I can find a solution to my growing nail polish obsession.  I have everything in my underwear drawer right now except underwear.  Next up on my list after I get that cleaned out, go buy some underwear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment