Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Family Game Night

I need to share my newfound, or I guess it might be considered refound love, of family games.   After spending a few days at friends houses playing games and playing card games for years I had forgotten how much fun can be had.  I really would take pictures and post them but the lighting in our living room is HORRIBLE and soooo dark.  I'm working on that.

We love all kinds of games.  We love Canasta, Euchre, Cranium, Scrabble, Uno, too many to name..and today we bought a new game.  It's Apples to Apples.  I have seen this game many, many times in the store.  I guess I thought it was along the lines of Scrabble Apple or Bananagrams and a kids game to boot.  The most fantastic thing about this game is it truly is a family game.  We played with only adults on New Years Eve and we also played a round or two with kids tonight after we got it home.  It was rough going at first with the kids but after a bit and when they got the hang of it the fun factor kicked in.

Not only did we have some great laughs but I noticed with each card that Aurora was trying harder and harder to pronounce and read new words and learn what they mean...and all while having fun.

Next up on the game wish list?  Scribblish.

I'm all over this game stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment