Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nature

Get ready for another very random post people.

A little known fact?  I'm a little bit of a tree hugger. 

Okay, maybe not so little.  At least to those that know me well.  I am not as fantastic as I could be.  I wish I could be the best damn earth saving philanthropist out there.  I have to settle for just being me and having to work a "real job" and just doing what I can do.

I annoy the crap out of my husband because I'm not great at getting recyclables out of the house.  Our town  charges a butt load for curb side service.  It's cheaper to just load the car up once in awhile and drive them the mile to the plant.  It makes me feel good.  I also know stuff slips through.

It's the same with my shopping.  Everyone sometimes gets frustrated with me because I'm always harping about the state of our bank account but I'm willing to pay a few bucks for the good old blue Dawn dish soap because they help the animals.  I'll pay the extra for post consumer content in my paper towel and aluminum foil.  I'll buy local.  I fell in L.O.V.E with a new farmers market this past Saturday.  Maybe next time I go I'll get some pictures because it was amazing.  I scored some pickled asparagus and honey made less than 15 miles from my house.  Both are to die for.  I love pure, raw honey.  I know that stuff in the store says pure...but if you've ever had it straight from the farm, you know that thick gooey stuff in the bear bottle isn't the best stuff out there. 

Believe it or not, this post was not actually brought to you by my trip to the market or my wish to save the planet.  It was brought to you by my night time beauty routine.

You heard me correctly...my night time beauty routine.   As I'm sitting in the bathroom applying my night cream (thank you old age..my face now requires night cream) and my hair oil and all that good jazz I realize that my love of nature and my love of saving my wallet a few bucks have found a perfect balance.  It took a lot of time.  A lot of bottles of stuff being tossed in the trash.  A lot of irritated skin.

I realized that all of my products are almost all natural products.  I found some amazing stuff in some not so traditional places.  My favorite face cream is Burts Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion.  My face adores that crap!  The best oil for my hair?  A $7 bottle of Burts Bees Baby Bee Almond Oil.  I'm not joking when I say two drops of this stuff goes a very long way.  The best serum and face cream?  It's at The Body Shop.  My new cleanser that took me almost three years to find? Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser and Make Up Remover.  It's $5 a bottle.  If your face is extra dry, go for some Say Yes to Carrots or Cucumbers.  Very inexpensive.

I'm a firm believer that nature will always give us everything we need to survive.  If you're hungry, you can grow something.  If you're cold you can warm by a fire.  If you're warm you can cool off with a breeze or some water.  Nature is what will keep you beautiful..and save you a few bucks in the process.

Next time you find yourself stuck in a beauty rut...get out of the beauty aisles.  Try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment